Dauis Church, also known as Our Lady of the Assumption Church, is a fine representative of a Byzantine-Romanesque architecture founded by Jesuits Father Diego de Ayala and Joseph Gregorio. The construction was conducted by Father Julio Saldana in 1863 and was completed in the early 1920’s. It was inaugurated by Cebu Bishop Jan Gorordo on August 23, 1923. The bell tower was constructed between 1938 and 1939. The church was built on the location of an old cemetery where China ceramics were found and were used as grave furniture. The facade of Dauis Church is Gothic in style with neoclassical ornamentation. The church’s interior has frescoes on the ceiling painted by Ray Francia in 1916. At the foot of the altar is well, which was believed to be miraculous.