The Bohol Island(BI) Aspiring Geopark TWG Secretariat headed by Ms. Jovencia B. Ganub, assisted by Ms. Jessel Mae N. Polinar convened today, March 3, 2021 for a Meeting to discuss youth involvement in our Bohol Aspiring Geopark. The meeting was participated by Ms. Ana Liza Laurel (DepEd Geopark Coordinator), Mr. Stephen Bryan Yu Bongcaras (Multi-awarded Boholano Youth) and Ms. Maricres Anunciado (PYDO Head) at the BEMO Conference Room of the Provincial Capitol. Mr. Karl Michael B. Din, PGBh Geologist, gave an overview of the BI Aspiring Geopark. Afterwards, the invited attendees also imparted their expertise and shared knowledge and ideas on how the Boholano youth and teachers can be involved in achieving the goals of the BI Aspiring Geopark. The group agreed to have more sessions and to create more opportunities and activities for the Boholano youths & teachers to intensify awareness and spark interest on BI Aspiring Geopark.
- Bohol reps participate in the 4GEON Project kick-off meeting, Eastern Partnership Conference in the Czech Republic
- Bohol on good track to be PH’s first UNESCO Global Geopark by 2023
- Tagbilaranon wins Geopark Logo Making Contest
- Bohol Island Aspiring Geopark together with a team of Czech scientists and other geopartners won a UNESCO IGCP Project grant
- MUPH Ambassador for Tourism supports Bohol Island Aspiring Geopark, visits geosites for a promotional video
- Geopark consults youth, education sectors
- Geopark engages Eskaya IPs, to formalize partnership in the future